The Tesla Minor is designed to offer ambitious and active science master's students the possibility to engage in a unique learning experience.
In general, the following criteria apply to the Tesla minor candidate. You:
- Are enrolled in a 2-year MSc programme at a science faculty (at the UvA or another university)
The programme takes place in the second semester of the second year of your Master's programme.
- Have the ambition to utilise your science background in non-scientific environments
- Are motivated to take up a challenge for a real client
- Have a strong drive to improve your professional and interpersonal skills
- Are keen to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Are attracted to unusual challenges
- Are motivated to enter a highly intensive 5-month programme
- Have demonstrated these qualities during and next to your studies
At the UvA Faculty of Science, students from the following Master's programmes may apply:
- Artificial Intelligence (with certain restrictions)
- Biological sciences
- Biomedical sciences
- Computational Science (with certain restrictions)
- Earth sciences
- Life sciences
- Logic (with certain restrictions)
- Mathematics (with certain restrictions)
- Physics and Astronomy
Please note that there is a maximum of 30 participants for the programme. A selection, based on the above mentioned criteria, is part of the admission procedure.