Mastering your PhD
The programme is designed with the help and input of PhD students as well as senior researchers/teachers. It aims at preparing PhD students in the best possible way for their PhD career at the Faculty of Science.
What to expect from the course?
The course consists of six meetings which will take place in the afternoon from 13.00-17.00 (except February 2nd). Participants are expected to be present during all six meetings and to participate actively during the meetings.
In each of the six meetings a different subject is addressed:
- How to master your PhD?
- How to enjoy your presentation?
- Planning and organising skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Professional development
- Trust in Science
The meetings have a dynamic character with several opportunities for practicing and feedback. The course will be led by trainer and coach Christianne Vink, in collaboration with Martijn Rep, UHD at FNWI-SILS and Peter Schoenmakers, professor at FNWI-HIMS. Find the programme in more details via the link on top of this page.
Round 6 (2016-2017)
Tuesday 06 December; Room: B1.25
Tuesday 20 December; Room: B0.208 (CANCELED)
Tuesday 10 January 2017; Room: C4.174
Tuesday 17 January 2017; Room: C4.174
Tuesday 31 January 2017; Room: C4.174
Tuesday 07 February 2017; Room: C4.174
Round 1 in 2017 (fully booked)
- Theursday 19 January; Room: A1.08
- Theursday 26 January; Room: G5.29
- Theursday 02 February (from 9.00-13.00!); Room: A1.06
- Theursday 02 March; Room: A1.08
- Theursday 09 March; Room: D1.160
- Theursday 16 March; Room: A1.06
All meetings are scheduled from 13:00-17:00 (except February 2nd).
Round 2 in 2017 (fully booked)
- Monday 27 February; Room: B0.206
- Monday 13 March; Room: B1.49A
- Monday 27 March; Room: B0.208
- Monday 10 April; Room: B0.203
- Monday 01 May; Room: B0.204
- Monday 15 May; Room: B0.207
Round 3 in 2017 (fully booked)
- Tuesday 16 May; Room: G0.05
- Tuesday 30 May; Room: G2.04
- Tuesday 13 June; Room: A1.04
- Tuesday 20 June; Room: D1.110
- Tuesday 27 June; Room: B0.204
- Tuesday 04 July; Room: G3.05
Round 4 in 2017
- Thursday 24 August; Room: A1.08
- Thursday 31 August; Room: A1.08
- Thursday 14 September; Room:
- Thursday 21 September; Room:
- Thursday 28 September; Room:
- Thursday 05 October; Room:
Round 5 in 2017
- Friday 06 October; Room:
- Friday 16 October; Room:
- Friday 20 October; Room:
- Friday 27 October; Room:
- Friday 03 November; Room:
- Friday 10 November; Room:
Round 6 in 2017
- Monday 13 November; Room:
- Monday 20 November; Room:
- Monday 27 November; Room:
- Monday 04 December; Room:
- Monday 11 December; Room:
- Monday 18 December; Room:
Please fill in the application form with consideration, for we will use it as a reference point for fine-tuning the level of the course.