Mastering your PhD
The programme is designed with the help and input of PhD students as well as senior researchers/teachers. It aims at preparing PhD students in the best possible way for their PhD career at the Faculty of Science.
What to expect from the course?
The course consists of six meetings which will take place in the afternoon from 13.00-17.00 (except February 2nd). Participants are expected to be present during all six meetings and to participate actively during the meetings.
In each of the six meetings a different subject is addressed:
- How to master your PhD?
- How to enjoy your presentation?
- Planning and organising skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Professional development
- Trust in Science
The meetings have a dynamic character with several opportunities for practicing and feedback. The course will be led by trainer and coach Christianne Vink, in collaboration with Martijn Rep, UHD at FNWI-SILS and Peter Schoenmakers, professor at FNWI-HIMS. Find the programme in more details via the link on top of this page.
At the end of December there will be new data on the site. For now you can send an e-mail to email@example.com so that we can place you in our waiting list.
When the data are known you will receive an e-mail from us.
Round 1 in 2018
All meetings are scheduled from 13:00-17:00 (except February 2nd).
Round 5 in 2017 (fully booked)
- Friday 06 October; Room: B1.49C
- Friday 16 October; Room: B0.207
- Friday 20 October; Room: D1.162
- Friday 27 October; Room: B0.208
- Friday 03 November; Room: G4.15
- Friday 10 November; Room: B1.25
Round 6 in 2017 (fully booked)
- Monday 13 November; Room: B0.201
- Monday 20 November; Room: B0.201
- Monday 27 November; Room: B0.201
- Monday 04 December; Room: B0.202
- Monday 11 December; Room: D1.160
- Monday 18 December; Room: B0.209
Please fill in the application form with consideration, for we will use it as a reference point for fine-tuning the level of the course.