Faculty of Science
Application deadlines for Dutch students
- 1 May for students starting their programme in September
We strongly advise all Dutch students to fill out both the UvA application form AND Studielink as soon as possible and before 1 May, even if you have not completed your bachelors programme yet.
- 1 December for students starting their programme in February*
Application deadlines for international students
Students starting their programme in September:
- Non-EU/EEA students: 1 February (advised deadline)
- EU/EEA students: 1 May (if you wish to apply later then 1 May, then please first contact the faculty)
Students starting their programme in February*:
- Non-EU/EEA: 1 October (advised deadline)
- EU/EEA: 1 December (if you wish to apply later then 1 December, then please first contact the faculty)
Applications received after these dates will be processed, but the Faculty of Science is not able to guarantee housing and timely visa application. Please don't hesitate to contact the International Team of the Faculty of Science if you have questions about the deadlines.
For NFP Fellowship candidates (only applicable for Biological Sciences) the application deadline is 1 December. Because each Dutch Embassy has its own deadline we advise you to contact the Embassy yourself.
* For Non-EU/EEA students the required English test result should be received on or before 1 February in the year of application by the International Team at the Faculty of Science. If this in any case is not possible, contact the International Team first, before applying. For EU/EEA students the deadline of submitting the test results is 1 July.
*Note that only some of the Science Master's programmes have also a possibility to start in February